Thursday, December 28, 2006

What I did between Christmas and New Year


Well you can see what I like to knit - socks. This is a picture of some of the socks that I have finished in the last couple of years.

I went shopping in Cary, NC at:

Shuttles, Needles & Hooks
214 E. Chatham St.
Cary, NC 27511
(919) 469-9328.

The store is in an old house and it is easy to miss. I did not even see it until we passed it.

The store was worth the 2 hour drive (one way) for me. I also listened to A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks on the way there. It make the time go faster and the book is really great.

There was more yarn that I have ever seen in one place. But be prepared - because yarn is every where - even on the floor. I was able to get some yarn for more socks and I'm going to make a Noni bag. I really liked the two color Prism bag so I got the pattern and the yarn to make it. The yarn that I am using is Cascade 220 in black and a purple (8885 is the color number). I'm not sure when I will start this. I am trying to finish some started projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to that yarn store in Cary and loved it, though it was overwhelming! Can you believe the yarn is on the floor? That won't stop me from returning when I get a chance!